If you are an employer and would like to post a notice regarding
your organization's employment opportunities within the scientific field, please contact:
Executive Director, Kentucky Academy of Science
The Kentucky Academy of Science
727 W. Main St.
Louisville KY 40202
The KAS is now recruiting applicants for the following position(s):
Analytical Research Chemist
Alltech Inc. is a privately owned biotechnology company specialized in feed additives for animal health. We are at present seeking a highly motivated Analytical Research Chemist with a minimum of 2 years of experience to support Alltechs routine research and development efforts and analytical needs for the quantification of small bioactive molecules. This position is located at the Headquarters, in Nicholasville, KY.
- Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Setting-up realistic goals and providing reasonable deadlines.
- Applying extraction procedure to the quantification of small molecules of specific interest with a strong emphasis on contaminants (i.e. mycotoxins) and metabolites; fatty acids and related; antioxidant biomarkers; selenium-based bioactive ingredients.
- Applying complex multi-stage extraction procedure for the concentration and purification of compounds of interest from feed/food matrices and from biological fluids and microorganisms.
- Use of separative technology such as High Pressure and Ultra Pressure Liquid Chromatography; Use of SPE, AE, RP, HILIC, SEC separation technology; use of in-gel/off-gel separative techniques.
- Use of Electro-spray ionization tandem mass spectrometer (ESI-MS/MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Use of Inductively Coupled Plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Designing and generating experimental plans for the optimization, validation and verification of analytical methods. Good knowledge of ISO standards.
- Use of preparative chromatography for purification of large quantities of compounds.
- Interpretation of Mass Spectra.
- Troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae and cover letter with statement of interest to email@example.com. Applicant must be proficient in Mass spectrometry to apply for this position. All applications that do not meet this requirement will be systematically rejected. Please no phone calls.
- Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Desired Skills and Experience
PhD in analytical chemistry with 2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Proficiency in ESI, APCI, API, MALDI, mass spectrometry techniques.
Knowledge and Experience in ICP-MS
Knowledge on quantification techniques.
Practical knowledge of separative methods and identity confirmation.
Laboratory experience imperative.
Ability to independently diagnose and solve complex technical and scientific problems.
Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interface with other members of the group and to interact with direct supervisors.
Ability to write technical documents, scientific reports and experience in scientific articles writing.
Office of Science and Technology Policy Summer Internship
The Office of Science and Technology Policy is currently accepting applications for its Summer 2014 Internship Program. The application deadline is 11:59pm Friday, March 7. Students who are U.S. citizens and who will be actively enrolled during the 2014 academic year are welcome to apply.
- The Office of Science and Technology Policy advises the President on the effects of science and technology on domestic and international affairs. The office serves as a source of scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans and programs of the Federal Government.
- More information and application instructions are available at http://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/about/student/.
- For questions, please contact Rebecca Grimm firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interns are accepted for one of three annual terms (Spring, Summer, or Fall), which each last no more than 90 days. While these positions are without compensation, the assignments provide educational enrichment, practical work experience, and network opportunities with other individuals in the science and technology policy arena.
Office of Science and Technology Policy
Executive Office of the President