About the Kentucky Academy of Science
The objectives of the Academy shall be to encourage scientific research,
to promote the diffusion of scientific knowledge, and to unify the scientific
interests of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
The Kentucky Academy of Science serves its members and the citizens of
Kentucky through activities in harmony with objectives. Specifically, its
- To stimulate effective communication among all scientists within the
- To provide a forum for the presentation and publication of scientific
information of significance to the Commonwealth.
- To foster the interaction of science with other sectors in seeking
solutions to major social and environmental problems.
- To interest the youth of the Commonwealth in science and encourage
them to consider science as a profession.
- To provide advisory assistance to the Commonwealth, as well as to local
governments, in areas of science and technology.
Benefits of Membership
Join the Academy!
The History of the Kentucky Academy
The Constitution of the Kentucky
Academy of Science